Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Two For Tuesday: Old and Young

We are back with another Two For Tuesday with advice for the old and the young:

-This Atlanta Business Chronicle article talks about a Watson Wyatt survey which says that older workers are worrying even more about retirement. This makes sense with 401(k)s low in value, pensions being cut or greatly diminished, and other investments (stock portfolio, home value, etc.) very low in value. Sadly, many can't retire at this point due to this.

-Next from the Charlotte Observer, advice to students and Human Resources that summer is a great time for students to make their mark. I loved all my internships and they were a great way for me to get some really good experience. But I understood it is what you make of it and did my best to make it the most valuable summer it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter