Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Greetings from Europe

I wanted to send greetings from Europe. I spent 2 days in Amsterdam and am now in Copenhagen. It's amazing to see different lifestyles and cultures and people in action. But it's also amazing that you see many of the same things here. Those camping out down in Wall Street would like to know that they are doing the same in Amsterdam (right outside the hotel I stayed at). The gay marriage debate is going to come to Denmark as it did in the United States. And as I'm in Denmark, the Danish princess Mary is in New York.

It's always important to remember, in the word of a fellow Brandeis alum, Thomas Friedman, that the world is flat. What goes on in one part of the world effects, and then is usually copied in the rest of the world. So understanding your company and your company's relationship in the international world means that you need to be up-to-date with what's happening both at home and abroad.

1 comment:

  1. It is really nice of me to see a blog entirely dedicated towards "human resources" issues. In fact I am blog and article writer. You can see my blog: gaurisankars@blogspot.com. In you require any blogs for your site/blog, you can contact me at: gausan51@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter